Saturday, August 19, 2006

I'm finally starting to create sample albums to show prospective clients. It has been difficult deciding on the packages but I've decided to go with 2 packages. Archival Package and Non-Archival Package. Simple. Archival is more expensive as I use more expensive materials. So that's about the only difference. This means I have to use special glue and albums with acid-free pages.

I wanted to provide something different. But most of the stuff has been done before. In the end, for the archival album I'm just going to mount the whole photo on the album page. The photograph will not be laminated so extra care will have to be taken with this album. But I've found the prints look A LOT better than the laminated prints as the laminate does dull the print a bit.

Since some people are concerned about the print I've been thinking of spraying it a bit with a protectant. Right now I just ordered a few cans of Krylon® Preserve It!® Digital Photo & Paper Protectant. I'm just going to experiment with this spray first and see whether there is a noticeable difference in the print when sprayed. If it does alter the print too much then I'd rather not use it.

Anyway, here are some pictures of the sample albums that I've created. One of them is not fully complete yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home