Friday, December 01, 2006

It's a bit late I know, but I'm still gonna blog about it. We all had a great time at the SMTTDI Class of 1996 10th Year Reunion. It was held on the 18th of November 2006, so it's been almost 2 weeks since the reunion but I really haven't had much time for blogging with work and sorting the photos and all. It's hard having to edit hundreds of photos when the only free time you have are weekends and nights after work where you'd rather spend time with family. I still got the reunion slideshow done quite quickly though. Thanks again DJ & gang for the wonderful ShowIt line of software.

Anyway, the reunion was a blast. It's good to see so many old friends and get back in touch with 'em. Surprising that so many live nearby (practically just across the street), and I still haven't seen them for years. Highlight of the reunion for me was meeting up with the teachers. It's good to know they're all still around (some are even still teaching in SMTTDI). What I'm most amazed at was how Mr. Lim Kai Jin looked like at the reunion. He was my mathematics teacher when I was in Form 3 (that was like 12-13 years ago), but he still looks the same. He must be living a healthy lifestyle doing Qi Gong and stuff like that.

In all the fun and laughter, I was still shocked to find out that another one of our classmates passed away a few years back. I really didn't know about this. I guess the topic just never came up. Supposedly he fell in the bathroom, which is a sad way to die, but hey...everyone's gotta go...someday...someway. It'd be nice to die in the line of duty saving someone else's life but you don't really get to choose these sorta things.

Another thing I was quite surprised with at the reunion was how the girls from my batch turned out. I won't name names but I swear that some of these girls were geeks and nerds in school but now they're quite the 'hot stuff'. Unfortunately, it didn't go that way for me. But that's for another post. :)

However, I've only got one complaint about the reunion. What the hell....Qibla Cola???? Where's the Coke???? Everyone knows that Coke is the original stuff and the best stuff. It's even called Coke for god's sake. How much cooler can you get? Drinking other colas is like buying pirated software. Just Don't Do It.

Below are a few photos from the reunion. More can be seen HERE.
Azizi & Mr. Lim Kai Jin

From L-R: Megat, Kim Teck, Jeevan, Mohd. Noor & Shashi

The Whole Group

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home