Monday, November 10, 2008

2 Weddings and A Missing Tripod

Two weddings in the past 2 weeks or so. That's a record for me this year, since I've been moving away from shooting weddings. However, it was a good refresher course since the last one I shot was sometime in June. Turns out taking a break really does get the creative juices going. I feel like I'm more daring nowadays. More experimentation in terms of exposure and posing and post-processing. I tended to do lots more daring crops as well (see above). I do like the results so far. And so far the clients do to (slideshow HERE).

Unfortunately, this relaxed attitude has also resulted in me leaving my bloody tripod at the hall last night. I didn't use the tripod at all but since it was late and I was tired I totally forgot about it. Since it was my first quality tripod and it ain't that cheap either, it kind of bummed me out that I might have to cough up cash for a new one. So today I decided to take time off work to try get my tripod back. When I arrived at the club I tried checking the hall and it wasn't there so I was getting a bit worried especially since they said that nothing was sent in to the Lost & Found. So someone either stole it or kept it for safekeeping somewhere else. Luckily it was the latter. It was in the F&B office which was also locked. I had to wait 2 freakin' hours before the dude arrived with the keys. They kept saying he was on the way. Plus there was the added problem of a member who was laying dead in the sauna room. So me and my missing tripod was not a big priority to them.

All in all it was a hectic Monday, with me having to finish loads of cases due to several months of laziness and lack of motivation. But I do have a feeling I've got my groove back so I'll be on top of the cases in a couple of weeks.


Lata

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home