Saturday, March 17, 2007

I can't believe it, but I got conned into some hill climbing today. I never actually go out on photoshoots with people but since I had nothing better to do today, I thought I'd take Itzhar up on his offer of going to the hills to shoot some landscapes or whatever. I set my alarm for 5am on a Saturday morning so that we could catch the sunrise. I really thought it was just going to be a drive up the hill, get out of the car and shoot kind of thing. So I wore my slippers and a pair of slacks. I've never been excited about shooting landscapes. I just can't stand sitting around waiting for the right light and going through so much trouble just to get a picture.

When we got there I was a bit alarmed when one of the people we met up with said that it was going to be about a 30 minute hike to get to where they were going to shoot. Oh man, this was only about 6.45am and we were supposed to go up some hill to take some landscape pictures. Since I was already there I just thought 'What the hell'. I need to lose weight anyway and the exercise won't do me any harm. I just wish I had better footwear on.

It turned out to be a nice day out. Nice hike and alright views (again, I'm not a fan of landscapes and hilltop views). I took a few shots and just relaxed while the others continued going up further. It was kind of slippery and I didn't want to risk injuring myself since I had a pair of rubber slippers on and it wasn't holding on too well to my feet.

I think if there was ever a next time, I need to get the details right so I can dress for the occasion and also so I can maybe bring a few bottles of water and a backpack instead of the Billingham slingbag I was lugging around. Maybe I can even bring a small stove to cook some Maggi or whatever.

Anyway, it was good day out to see the Klang Gates Dam and there was a bunch of great people who are also photography enthusiasts. You can see their photoblogs here, here, here and here. Below is my attempt at landscape photography. It was just a quick PS job and I was just playing around with conversions and all that stuff. I wish there was more detail in the sky and more clouds. I can't really figure out how to compose for landscapes or even how to edit for landscapes. I think I will have to read up on it more. After this it can only get better.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You write very well.

2:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home