Friday, December 01, 2006

I haven't had a good night's sleep for over a week. Have been editing and also going for shoots and it is starting to take its toll on me. I just need 1 full day of rest and I should be alright. I don't think I'm going to get it though. Got a couple of wedding shoots this weekend and then off to Brunei Darussalam on Monday for a forensic job. Hopefully it won't be a stressful trip. Probably tiring but it's a peaceful place so I hope I get some rest there.

Through my secondary school reunion (see previous post), I met an old classmate of mine I hadn't met since school days and he has just started a Cocktail Bar called Evoke in Desa Sri Hartamas (directly behind True Fitness). This guy's a real entrepreneur, he's also opened up a Futsal place in Sri Petaling called The Cage. Lucky for me they were looking for a photographer to shoot some stuff for the bar's website and maybe other promo material. I jumped at the opportunity since it is actually a nice joint and I'm always game when it comes to helping friends out (OK...I still charged the dude...but I did give a huge discount).

Me, Shermen & Itzhar did the shoot and came up with some cool shots. Got to test my newly acquired Canon EF-S 10-22mm ultra wide lens. Man it is so freaky the way you can fit the whole bloody place with this lens. I think it will be a valuable piece of equipment for my wedding photography. I will try posting more shots made with this lens later.

One of the highlights of the shoot was the last day where there was actually a model in the bar willing to pose for us (she also happened to be really good looking). She is actually a model in real life but she just happened to be at the bar on that day, so, the owner basically got her to pose with the drinks. I can honestly say I have no experience in shooting models but fortunately my good friend Shermen has done lots of these type of shoots and he was comfortable with the job. Me on the other hand, I just took some fun shots and watched how he handled the shoot. Props to you, Sher. Learned a lot that day.

So, here are a couple of photos of Evoke. A nice place with good music (unlike other places which play too much RnB crap) and some cool cocktails. I don't drink but there are mocktails (non-alcoholic cocktails) there, which is good if you're a non-drinker like me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home